Here’s a quick timeline, which you can explore in more detail on our about page:
- 2010: MovingWorlds was Co-Founded by Mark Horoszowski and Derk Norde to mobilize support to social entrepreneurs based on their real needs, with a particular focus on the often-overlooked enterprises in the “pioneer gap”
- 2014: MovingWorlds Experteering Platform launched to help social enterprises around the world connect with skilled professionals willing to volunteer their expertise. Since then, over 1,800 projects have been completed in 122 countries, unleashing over $25 Million USD worth of pro-bono expertise.
- 2015+: MovingWorlds starts launching corporate social impact programs with multinational corporations like Microsoft looking for help scaling their own corporate volunteering and social impact programs
- 2017: Launch of the MovingWorlds Institute: a professional Global Fellowship that combines the learning of a certificate course, customized support of a career coach, real-world exposure of a consulting project, and global connections of a prestigious alumni network into a single 6-month program. Since then, we’ve supported over 300 professionals from 55 countries.
- 2020: Launch of the S-GRID Social Enterprise Revenue Accelerator in partnership with SAP to help social enterprises survive and thrive through COVID by building revenue based partnerships with the corporate sector
- 2022: Launch of the TRANSFORM Support Hub, in partnership with SAP, TRANSFORM, and Unilever to connect social enterprises with corporates, peers, impact investors, learning content, and a network of pro bono professionals to deliver market-based solutions for the Sustainable Development Goals.