There is a real team of people here behind this website that work hard to find verified organizations around the world, help them scope projects, and provide you support, training, and guidance throughout your searching and matching process.
Our award-winning Experteering process has been recognized for its ethics and long-term impact, which you can read about here.
Why do we charge?
As a social enterprise, we use a market-based approach to solving the global talent gap, while providing you a life-enriching experience.
For every dollar that we generate, we unleash over 12X that amount for social impact into the field. We started MovingWorlds with the desire to create an impact in the parts of the world that need it most. We've stayed focused on this mission which you can read about in our founding story.
Charging for membership in our programs enables us to maintain the infrastructure, network, and resources needed to support you in your quest.
Why do we charge to apply/before you join?
We'd love to offer free memberships to all, but as we've learned over the years, charging at the time of application enables us to do four really important things:
1. Ensure buy-in. By charging upfront, we ensure that every member is truly committed to going Experteering. This is important as it allows us to provide support, but more importantly, it serves as a signal to our hosting organizations in the field that you are committed to your side of the partnership.
2. Enable personal support. By charging up front, our team is able to provide support, both directly and also via our community platform. You can learn more about your community features here.
3. Ensure impact. We are committed to all of our projects making a long-term impact. The membership fee allows us to continue investing in monitoring and evaluation activities so that we can keep improving our technology, training, support infrastructure, and project-planning processes.
4. Support you in professional development and achieving your personal goals. Our transformative learning process was designed to help you learn and grow through participation in our community and the act of Experteering. You can learn more about our learning process here.
Why do I have to apply?
The application process works like this:
- You complete your application
- You choose your program and provide payment information
- We review your application
- If accepted, your payment method is charged. If you are not accepted, we will not charge
The application process helps us ensure that we can support you, and that our community will benefit from your involvement. If you have questions, you can email us at anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How much do you charge?
Your program fee, which grants you membership to our platform for 12 months, is the only Experteering-related fee you will pay — There are NO additional fees beyond travel and your membership.
Our Experteer Program fee is $500, and our Experteer Plus Program fee is $750. Check out our programs and pricing page for a detailed break-down of what each program includes.
Our host organizations never charge you to Experteer, and almost all provide free accommodations. Some provide other local benefits, like meals and living stipends. Every posted opportunity specifically explains what benefits the host organization is able to provide.
Typically, you will be responsible for your personal travel expenses, like airfare, but again this depends on the specific project that you match with, and can be discussed directly with the host organization during the matching process.
The only additional fee involved would be if you decided to purchase the 1:1 Coaching & Support add-on, which costs $300. For more information on what this add-on involves, see "What is the 1:1 Impact Coaching & Support Add-On, and why would I need it?"
Do you have questions, comments, or requests for scholarship? Please email email@example.com