When organizations apply to post projects on our platform, we check the following criteria to ensure that the project will be a good Experteering engagement:
- Exists for social impact
- Is a clear use of specific skills
- Has a clear description
- Is an "Accelerator" for the organization
- Does not take local jobs
- Is driven locally
- Has a committed representative to manage it
- Involves transfer of skills
- Impact can be measured long term
- For a more indepth look at our host organization selection process, please refer to our Devex article .
Typically, our Organizations come to us from a variety of resources. Our aim is to be able to support all types of organizations, from the smallest one person startup to the largest hundred person non-profit. As a result the method in which we obtain our vet our host organizations is constantly being innovated and improved. Our current process is below:
- Ensure that the organization has come to us through credible partners, such as. Ashoka, Mercy Corps, Village Capital,etc.
- Conduct in-depth organizational onboarding, which involves the organization completing a skills gap analysis which helps them identify and scope the most important project
- Secure a commitment from the organization to adhere to our terms of engagement, hosting requirements, and best practices.
- Conduct a background check to ensure that the organization is in no way involved with illegal or questionable actions, including checking watch-dog lists for all organizations.
- Facilitate and monitor the Experteer/Host planning process, including a facilitated discussion guide that contains in-depth questions and analysis on the project requirements and deliverables.